Yes, you can.
Unlike other online communities/forums, at OzBargain we encourage merchants, service providers or store owners to post their specials on OzBargain. The reason is simple – if it is a good bargain, we want to know about it! However, there are a few points that a merchant might wish to consider.
- Sockpuppeting is strictly forbidden and may result in a permanent ban from OzBargain. You should not create multiple accounts or pose as a customer. You should not ask your existing clients/customers to sign up on OzBargain to post positive reviews.
- Posting as a merchant does not give your offer any special treatment, and it will be voted by our members in the same way that member-posted offers will be voted. If the offer you post is not a bargain, it will be voted down (which may result in a temporary ban for your site). Guidelines for posting deals can be found here. Too many negatively voted offers may result in a permanent ban in the future.
- Remember to declare your relationship with a store. You can do this when you are posting a deal by checking the 'I am a Store Representative' checkbox, and when commenting on a deal by checking the 'I work for <store>' checkbox.
- On OzBargain, vendors make a better impression when they post good deals that are open and honest by disclosing all conditions necessary for a sale. Make sure your deal is better than your competitors.
- OzBargain members are price sensitive and each has their own sense of value, for example some rate service highly - others not.
General promotions (eg new store, 40% off sale etc) tend to be poorly received on OzBargain. Listing item(s) that are cheaper than your competition is a plus.
The following products or services are not well received and shouldn't be posted:
- Web Design
- Photo shoots
- Wedding related items
- SEO services
OzBargain is a free service for everyone. There is no charge for anyone to post, vote or comment.
- Posting limits were introduced because some vendors were trying to post too many deals at once. Some members voted against these merchants, regardless of the deal posted. Other members posted complaints against the vendor in the vendor's posts as well as with the moderators.
- Representatives will be able to post a maximum 1 deal per 24 hours and maximum of maximum 2 deals per 7 days. Depending on how many votes you receive Please see the posting limits page for more details.
OzBargain is a bargain sharing community, and it is not a place for advertisements unless you have a special offer for our members. Automated or mass postings do not offer our members any value and are likely to bring negative feedback to your company which may result in the store being banned.
There are a few reasons why a store is banned. When posting a deal you will receive an error message saying “Posting deals from <your store's domain> has been banned…”. Some reasons for being banned are:
- You have violated OzBargain's terms of service. (Sockpuppeting, spamming, etc.)
- You have previously requested nothing from your site can be posted on OzBargain.
- Your store has received too many negative votes from bargains posted over the last 30 days.
For a more detailed explanation on why an account is unable to post deals, see help on posting ban.
You can not remove the deal yourself. Please hit the report button and a moderator will assess your request. In most cases we do not remove deals especially if the deal is popular or if the deal has important value regarding discussions. By posting on OzBargain, you must accept that you will receive both positive and negative comments.
For further issues, please open a new thread on the Talk with a Moderator forum and discuss why you would want to have your deal removed, even after reading the above FAQ item. Moderators will assess on a case by case basis to determine whether the posted deal should be removed.
In theory – yes. However, in practice we do not recommend merchants to have multiple account for different purposes. Our sockpuppeting and ghost account detection functionality may detect it, which then may result in your store banned.
Please contact us if you wish to have multiple accounts.
We do not allow multiple accounts per individual, as per our Terms and Conditions. However, you can be a store representative for more than one store per OzBargain account. Please contact us if you want to have your account officially linked to one or more stores.
- For more information on stats and advertising, please see our Advertise page.
OzBargain has closed all direct advertising on display banners. If you wish to advertise on OzBargain's display ads space, you can target OzBargain on Google Adwords.
Do not vote on deals where you have some relationship with the business or if you are a competitor.
You can put in supportive comments which highlight the benefits of a deal, provided you fully disclose your relationship with the business.
- It's a good idea to watch the bargains posted on the site for a number of days, before your first post. Pay particular attention to what shoppers like about good deals and avoid doing what encourages negative voting.
- Shoppers are always entitled to vote on a deal. We do have guidelines under which if they are not met we will revoke a negative vote - these are listed here.
- Reps shouldn't argue with shoppers as they are potential customers. If you think members have rated you unfairly, use the \\report link
as that's the fastest way to call on the moderators for help.
- This is a bargain site where people are looking for bargains. Unlike other sites, we let representatives post here as a privilege.
- Posting unfavourable comments about a competitor is not permitted. Additionally, posting links to your products/deals in a competitors thread is also not acceptable. Both are considered as being conduct unbecoming and will invoke a penalty.
- Some bargains are well received but *not all* bargains will become hits, no matter how good they are. A flood of posts can knock a deal off the front page before many people have seen it. Sometimes, a hotter deal is posted at the same time, which soaks up all the attention. At other times, members don't think a particular bargain is of interest to them.