Your profile avatar is a graphical representation of your user account. It currently uses Gravatar as a backend, where an image can be linked to your email address. To edit your profile avatar:
- Upload a new image at Gravatar.com.
- If your profile avatar on OzBargain does not update after uploading to Gravatar.com:
- Go to your account settings page, scroll down to “Profile Avatar” section, and click on “refresh cache”,
These avatar images are not allowed on OzBargain:
- R or X rated gravatars.
OzBargain allows G and PG rated Gravatars, however Gravatar's rating can not always be correct. If an image is not G or PG rated, then it should not be used as your profile avatar. Images that don't fall into G or PG ratings (R & X) contain such things as harsh profanity, intense violence, nudity, hard drug use, hardcore sexual imagery or extremely disturbing violence.
- Images that mimic buttons and control elements on OzBargain.
Gravatars that seek to confuse users are not allowed. Examples: Voting buttons, rep tags, and moderator tags.
If you think another user's profile avatar is not appropriate, please report it to the moderators or report to this forum discussion thread. Moderators reserve the right to override avatar images with our default image.
- Images that mimic or lampoon another member's avatar.
- Offensive or provocative gravatars
Moderators reserve the right to remove any avatar we deem may be offensive or provocative in the interest of keeping discussions on topic and preventing arguments.
If your profile avatar has been overridden with a default one, you need to:
- Go to Gravatar.com to upload a more appropriate image.
- Notify the moderators that you have made the adjustment.
- Moderators will then evaluate and lift the overriding flag.