expired SMSFun: $100 Optus Credit OR $80 in Gift Vouchers for Moving Your Mobile to Optus
This was posted 1 year 3 months 4 days ago, and might be an out-dated deal
SMSFun have a new offer available for customers wishing to move to the Optus network, and on reading it’s well worth a look at by all accounts.
For signing up to SMSFun and porting your current Telstra, 3 or Vodafone mobile service to Optus, you will receive 1,000 Joobz (site virtual currency) in your SMSFun account.
These 1,000 Joobz can be redeemed from SMSFun’s Reward store for a wide range of products and vouchers, including $100 of prepaid credit with Optus OR $80 of gift vouchers from major stores (Bunnings, Coles, JB Hi-Fi, Woolworths Group Wish card, David Jones and Apple iTunes Store.
They also run regular competitions, where you can win prizes including Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800, $100 iTunes vouchers, etc.
Everything about this company seems on the level, and when a past version of this deal was previously listed (http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/53311) it received 29 up votes, positive comments & no negative comments about them (except the original poster failing to declare he was a company rep).
Terms and conditions:
The full conditions can be found at http://www.smsfun.com.au/switch-terms.php.
Reading through these, the basic outlines look as follows:
- Australian residents only
- Both pre-paid and post-paid services are eligible for the bonus & prizes
- Only one service transfer per individual is eligible for this promotion
- Only successful transfers to the Optus network will be eligible for this promotion (they say they have the ability to check)
- Only Telstra, Vodafone and 3 Mobile services ported under this offer are eligible (Sorry, no TPG, Woolworths Mobile and other virtual mobile providers qualify)
- You are eligible for the additional contests only if you complete the relevant survey once you switch.
- If you don’t use the SIM once being ported to Optus, you may be deemed as not qualifying (and they could send the boogy man after you)