A new feature was rolled out this morning where users can:
- Add deals as events directly to Google Calendar
- Export iCalendar (.ics) files to use for Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo! Calendar etc.
To access this functionality, click on the 'Reminder' link under the deal description.
The calendar events will have a duration of 1 day. The 'start' time is determined as follows:
- The start date is used if it exists and is in the future
- The expiry date is used if it exists and is in the future
- Otherwise, tomorrow's date is used and users can edit the event as required.
The deal reminder feature has been updated so that the date options have been reduced to the start and expiry dates, plus a custom date picker for users to pick their own date.