So I am travelling to Sydney at the end of Jan and hiring a car to head out to the Blue Mountains again (mumbles something about lucky MsKeggs).
Rather than purchasing excess insurance through the hire company I was hoping to use the Westpac Black Insurances that come with the card. Reading through the T&C some of the listed insurances require say $500 spend on things before you are covered. However with the interstate rental car excess insurance they provide there doesn't seem to be any spending requirement. So if I am reading this correctly you are just covered provided you meet all the other requirements?
- the rental vehicle was rented from a licensed rental
- the hiring agreement incorporates the rental vehicle
- you comply with all the requirements of the rental
organisation under the hiring agreement and of the rental
We will not pay for…
We will not pay for your costs arising from:
- loss or damage resulting from the operation of the rental
vehicle in violation of the terms of the rental agreement;
- wear and tear, gradual deterioration, damage from
insects or vermin, inherent vice or damage; or
- driving the rental vehicle on non-public roads
Edit. For those that say call WBC and ask, I have done that before but the 3 people I got transferred to (for another query about insurance) had no idea and just told me to read the T&C.