Please Suggest - Upgrading PC (Ryzen 2200G Build)
My good old AMD Phenom II PC is getting slower day by day, so I have pulled the plug and ordered the Ryzen 2200G from Umart.
Could you please suggest which MotherBoard, RAM and Case I should be getting with it?
Few Important Points I would like to state:
I am not a gamer, the PC will be mainly used for Browsing and Streaming and maybe very occasional light gaming.
I will be re-using the SSD, HDD and PSU from my current build. No plan to use any Discrete GPU at this moment as I could utilise the built-in Vega GPU (this is the main reason to buy the 2200G).
Budget for CPU + MoBo + RAM + Case = $450, I guess I could stretch it to $500 if necessary. I have already allocated $139 for the CPU, so remaining balance is approx $311
Preferring to buy the rest of the items from Umart or MSY (easier for me to pick-up), other option will be to wait for the eBay 20% deal and hope no price jacking from Shopping Express/Futu/PC Byte. I am not in rush so happy to wait if I could save some money…
Most Importantly, my main aim is the "F word" i.e. Future Proofing. So I am trying to build the parts considering they are future proof and easy to upgrade/add additional parts when required.
Current Specs on my mind:
1. CPU: Ryzen 2200G $139 from UMart (already ordered)
2. MoBo: Preferring ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4. Shopping Express sells them for $99 incl. Shipping
UMart got them for $110 though.
3. RAM: Preferring 1x8GB stick (minimum 2400MHZ), I am not sure if heatsink is required for my usage… so please suggest.
2nd preference: Corsair 8GB CMK8GX4M1A2666C16R DDR4 2666MHz $139 from Umart
4. SSD: Will be utilizing my Crucial BX100 250GB (Still brand new in the box, another impulse buy from OZB)
5. HDD: Will re-use from my Current Build.
6. Case: Please suggest. It would be great to have a 5.2 bay for ODD (Yes I am old school) but it is not essential.
I really like the Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 $85 at Umart
Note: I am not planning to buy any after market case fans or any other cooling solution at this moment, so will appreciate if the Case has few built in fans.
7. PSU: I will be reusing the OEM Thermaltake 500W PSU from my current build as it is still going strong.
8. OS, KB, Mouse, ODD: Will re-use from my Current Build.
Many thanks for your Help.