Walked into DSE and saw this deal. Last time it was this price was the staff only sale (and it was $229 for general public then)! This model is also included in the 4 bonus maps promo from tomtom: http://tomtom4bonusmaps.campaign.net.au/
With this GPS you can be the envy of all your friends who picked up the xl 250 for $21 less (here). What do you get for your extra $21 I hear you ask? Allow me to enumerate:
- bigger screen: 4.3" vs 5.0" - who doesn't like an extra few cm's ;)
- higher resolution screen: 320x240 vs 480x272 - less retina, more cornea
- correct 'widescreen' pixel ratio: 4:3 vs 16:9 - good if you hack it to watch movies
- larger capacity: 1gb vs 2gb - important coz there's no sd slot for expansion on these.
- superiority complex that comes with owning something Bigger/Better/Faster/Longer feat. Kanye West
1. Deal is instore only - so can't be combined with paypal cashback. on the upside you can check stock online.
2. OW dont appear to stock this on their website so further price beat not possible, but already lowest so far!
EDIT: For all you navman lovers there's a my55t (4.7", 2gb, bluetooth, fm transmitter, live traffic) going for half price too at $149: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/D4444/navman-my55t-in-car-gp...