Help Me Choose A Lawn Mower, Please!
I need a new lawn mower for a fairly large property but can't get a ride on due to access and slopes. My current mower was a Sanli Powermulch which was only 135cc and struggled a bit. It was actually a pretty good mower considering it's a cheap Chinese model. It's only dying because I've neglected it pretty badly for 4 or 5 years.
Requirements are power, cutting size, durability and mulching capability. Budget: $500
I've narrowed it down and am trying to decide between four models from Bunnings:
Yardking Self-Propelled Push Button Start Lawn Mower $388 The cheapest out of the lot with fairly good specs,
* Powerful 173cc OHV 4-stroke engine
* Mulch or catch lawn mower
* Durable 20" pressed steel chassis
* Large 60L hard-top fabric catcher, but only a 12 month limited domestic warranty.
Ryobi 190cc Subaru 4 Stroke Lawn Mower $499 I obviously like the idea of buying a new Suby, but to be honest even with my user name I'm not a brand whore! My attraction with this model is the powerful 190cc motor with 11.2Nm of torque, 2 year warranty (My local Bunnings are excellent for own brand returns). Specs as follows:
* Powerful and trusted Subaru 190cc 4 stroke engine
* 11.2Nm (8.2 foot pound) of torque - huge torque to get through even the most dense of grass
* 460mm (18") Cutting path - 10 - 75mm cutting height *4 swing back blades for a superior cut and safety
* 2 year replacement warranty with nationwide service agents for any servicing needs after the standard warranty period
Victa Super Mulcher 18" Mulch Or Catch Lawn Mower The most expensive at $529, but I like the idea of the super mulcher which is supposed to create very fine cuttings.
* Patented mulching disc and blade technology fertilises your lawn with no need to catch
* Ready start - no prime, no choke, soft pull start - Don't care too much about these features, but guess it would be nice
* Powerful 8.5Nm torque - cut through thick grass easily *150cc Briggs and Stratton OHV 625EXi Series US built engine. I'm not sure about the warranty, I'm assuming 2 years being Victa but will check in store.
Victa 20" Thunder Self Propelled Mulch Or Catch $499 Last but not least, ok, maybe least as I'm not keen on the fabric catcher. The self propel function is attractive, but I don't mind a bit of a cardio workout with mowing tbh. specs as follows:
* 20" Wide Cut Chassis - Nice big cutting area Mulching Capable - yes want mulch!
* Displacement 150cc
Does anyone have any experience with these mowers? Particularly the Yardking and Ryobi? As I'm leaning heavily towards those two as I'm not too keen on the weaker displacement with the Victa's. The Yardking is a cheap Victa I believe.
TLDR Anyone have one of these mowers? Mainly Yardking or the Ryobi and can recommend?
Look forward to the abuse and hopefully helpful suggestions too :P
0Yardking Self-Propelled Push Button Start Lawn Mower
9Ryobi 190cc Subaru 4 Stroke Lawn Mower
2Victa Super Mulcher 18" Mulch Or Catch Lawn Mower
2Victa 20" Thunder Self Propelled Mulch Or Catch