Looking for a Commuter Bike under $400. Suggestions?
I'm just looking for a bike for moderate exercise and commute to work: 3kms to source train station and then another 1 km from destination station to workplace.
Also occasional rides like 5 - 12 kms with my 9 yr old ( has bike from toys r us) on weekends.
Few options I've come across:
1. Ried basic $299: https://www.reidcycles.com.au/condor-flat-bar-road-bike.html
2. Anaconda $299: https://www.anacondastores.com/cycling/bikes/comfort-bikes/f...
3. Rebel $299: https://www.rebelsport.com.au/p/goldcross-adult-synthesis-hy...
4. Pedal $299: https://www.99bikes.com.au/bike-pedal-jet-black
1. Cell $179: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cell-15-Road-Bike/323642738536?h...
I really love the look of this bike. The size looks fine - I'm around 168cm tall. But really have no clue whether it will just come apart in few days or last comfortably for at least 2 years or so.
2.Avanti $300: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bella-vista/men-s-bicycles/a...
Looks great, but again is it wise to spend $300 on a second hand while there are new ones out there.
But then bike experts around internet say second hand great quality is better than brand new low quality build.
I'll need to carry my bike over stairs on destination station. So a light weight will help, hence i'm not inclined to get Mountain bikes. Hybrids look good.