[closed] Would You Buy This Unit ?
Last edited 12/02/2019 - 12:47
My wife is trying to convince me to sell our current home and buy a smaller place. According to her,
the pros are:
- we will be mortgage free (or close to mortgage free)
- walking distance to the kids' school.
- safer as it is at the back of the property with only 1 other house in front of us.
- she will have an office outside the main part of the house.
- a workshop/ storage space for me.
It's a 3 bedroom unit and there's 6 of us (2x adults, 3 kids and an ewok/Shih Tzu). The 2 kids will have to share a room: either my pre-teen son with his toddler brother or my pre-teen son and daughter, who are twins and usually get along pretty well.
going through the stress of selling a house and renovating another one.
We are planning to move overseas within the next 3 -5 years and will either rent our home or sell it at that time.
The new place looks very similar to this property in layout , although the one we're looking at is slightly bigger and will need quite a bit of renovating.
I've amended the plan to give you a rough idea of what it will look like , here it is. Other notable differences:
- The place we are looking at has only one good-sized family bathroom with a faux ensuite effect
- a proper , good sized laundry with outdoor access.
- 2 toilets ( one in family bathroom , the other in the laundry)
- Where the laundry is on the plan I've attached is a storage area.
- The smallest bedroom in the house is 3.5m x 3.5 m .
- situated in a bayside suburb.
So here is my question , would you make the move? Is it worth the hassle? What would you change about the house?
Update The total size of the garage is approximately 10.5m (length) x 6.5m ( width) . So instead of an office and a workshop, we could have a bedroom ( perhaps even with an ensuite) which could be accessed via sliding doors from the patio.
0I would move in a heartbeat! Being mortgage-free is the dream.
31Are you crazy? No way. I foresee only trouble.
0Maybe but only if I can make some changes to the layout.