out of stock [Refurbished] Sony WH-CH700NB Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones $131.98 Delivered @ Sony AU eBay
Last edited 21/02/2019 - 09:50 by 1 other user
USE CODE: PUPGRADE
Original 20% off All Items at Selected Sellers on eBay Deal Post
Going back into hibernation after this post. And consequently shed the P-plate beside my username.
Refurbished, but according to other ozbargainers Sony Store has a reputation of new condition with most often just slightly damaged box.
Im sure other ozbargainers can chime in on their experiences.
WARNING: Just looked up the details to the FIRMWARE UPDATE, and it says as follows:
"Firmware update 3.0.0
Optimises the headphones for Google Assistant
Installing this firmware will only make your headphones compatible with the Google Assistant."
As far as I know you can pull up Siri with long press of the button with default firmware. It appears if you update your firmware it may ONLY work with Google Assistant. Please do your own research before updating firmware. It is often difficult or impossible to roll back firmware.
Sony WH-CH700N Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones
- 35 Hours battery life (Max 50 Hrs when connecting via the headphone cable with Noise Cancelling ON)
- Charging Time Approx. 7 hours (Fast Charge for 10 mins = 60 mins music playback.)
- One touch NFC Pairing and Bluetooth.
- Smartphone App + Voice assistant (Google Assistant with firmware update).
- Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD.
From what I've read and heard:
- Weaker noise cancelling than WH-1000XM2,XM3. These will do a decent job with constant droning sounds, less so with people talking/traffic etc.
- Comfortable for people with big ears and big heads, due to large earcups and only moderate clamping force of headband.
- These fold flat, but XM3 folds inwards once more to become more compact.
- Better battery life compared to XM3's (35 Hrs vs 30 Hrs for XM3)
- Cheaper price appealing to those who just use casually/occasionally.
- Sony has an app to adjust EQ to change the sound to your own taste. (I think once you set the eq it saves it inside the headphone, so no matter what you connect the EQ continues to work in custom setting [Please do some research on this as I am not 100%])
- Voice Assistant is accessed through holding an actual button. Which most people find easier and less troublesome than the tap and hold of touch sensor on XM3.
- Works wired and wireless. (So you can continue listening after battery is flat, although without Noise Cancelling).
- Good reviews. 4.3/5 Stars - Sony AU website. But if you want the best noise cancelling at the moment go for XM3.
Im sure other ozbargainers can chime in on user experiences.