Solved/Found: Recommendations for a Backlit Wired Keyboard
Last edited 16/03/2019 - 14:49
I am looking for a new keyboard. Requirements are:
- Backlit in white or yellow, with a mode where the lights are constantly on (no patterns or "breathing")
- Does not need a driver to set the backlight mode (I use Linux, drivers require MS Windows)
- Wired keyboard with keypad (104 keys)
- Good to type on (will not be used for gaming)
- Not too loud
- Not more than AU$80 delivered
Nice to have:
- Default backlight mode is on, not flashing or breathing, in yellow or white.
- Maybe mechanical? I haven't owned one before.
- I think keyboards which are aluminium with the keys standing proud will be easier to clean, if a staple or paperclip drops between the keys.
This is for typing at home in the wee small hours. I want backlit so I can turn off the room lights, and I'm not a skilled touch-typist, so illuminated keys are a requirement.
I already have a cheap illuminated keyboard, which taught me that I like backlit keys. But it only has options of blue, pink or red backlighting, which I find hard to see. It also has poor keys, if I press on the side of the longer keys (shift, enter) the key sometimes jams and won't press down.
This is the closest I've found so far, but the price with shipping is too high:
The main reason that I'm asking for help is because I keep turning up gaming keyboards in my search, which talk all about their fancy multicolour flashing breathing backlight modes, but they don't say what the default backlight mode is, nor do they say if there is a "solid on" backlight mode.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations!