Help Choose a Car - Stinger GT V/S Lexus ES300h
Last edited 11/09/2019 - 18:15
I am 35 yo & I am looking to purchase a car between $50-$60k.
I do around 15,000 kms of business use every year and the car will be 100% tax claimed.(as I have a additional family car)
- New Lexus ES300h
- KIA Stinger GT
Want a no-fuss car that i can keep without any 'car issues' for the next 5 years atleast.
I own a Lexus NX300h already and will never choose a Merc-BMW-Audi over Lexus (pls don't advise these brands), and am very happy with Lexus reliability and exceptional customer care and service.
The car will do a mix of city and highway runs.
LEXUS PROS & CONs
- My current Lexus gives me 6L/100kms inspite of being a nearly 2 ton car, so this will easily put out 5ishL/100kms
- Oozes luxury in & out
- Decent bells & whistles
- Exceptionally reliable brand
- Premium Brand
- Obviously is sluggish being a hybrid.
- Expensive $6000 more than Stinger GT (taken into account KIAs 2% finance rate on a 60k car)
STINGER PROs & CONs
- Exceptional Car to drive
- All bells & whistles (more than even Lexus)
- Has a road presence & head turner
- VEry good price for what it is
- Fuel Guzzler (any owner here care to share real world numbers ?) Demo car was at 22L/100kms
- Every 10k service, so maintenance cost is equal to or more than lexus in a 75,000kms or 5 yrs period
- Unsure of the resale after 5 yrs
I don't drive (any) car like a hooligan on road, so going fastest on-road is not actually a priority. Having said that , I loved driving the Stinger, its quick, it's responsive , has all the bells & whistles (which are very important for me as i need radar cruise control, heads up display) to monitor my speed as i have to take a lot of work related calls (on car system bluetooth obviously) whilst driving & having these systems monitors my speed well. So does Lexus actually.
Also, ease of re-sale and re-sale value after 5 yrs is very important factor.
So, the question is which one to go for ?
Can you help, advise, suggest ? (Open to the idea of another car if you really have a better reasoning)