SYD-MEL Weekly Return Fly-in Fly-out - Flights & Cards Advice
Last edited 10/10/2019 - 01:24
Need some help and advice from the lovely people at Ozb.
Need to be flying in and out of Melbourne from Sydney on a weekly basis for a 3 to 4 (could extend to 12) month period. Regardless of fare fluctuations, the flights have to be taken and we need to make it work as best possible. There are some occasions when the return would be after two weeks instead of weekly. 1 adult passenger only, checked baggage not necessary, meals not necessary.
The itinerary will need to look somewhat as follows.
Depart Sydney on Sunday to arrive Melbourne by 8pm. On-time reliability not necessary.
Return from Melbourne to Sydney on Friday, arriving Sydney airport by 5pm. On-time reliability required.
1) SYD-MEL return or MEL-SYD return flights, what is more economical generally on a continuous basis?
2) which credit card should be used to maximize the advantage of points or rewards? - I currently have citi signature, anz travel adventures, amex classic, and thinking of getting kogan black for First membership.
E.g. virgin or jetstar cards - are they really worth it or just stick to ANZ, for example?
3) are there any airline subscriptions or memberships that can be subscribed to to lock in good pricing for regular flying? Happy to buy tickets in advance. Which airline or combination of airlines is best?
4) should I perhaps consider using a travel agent? Why? Who? Online agents / 3rd party websites?
5) anything else one should do to maximize the benefits of frequent interstate flying?
6) any good sites or apps that I could setup automatic notifications on and track pricing etc? Easily configurable?
Many thanks in advance.