How Do You Organize Your Bills, Payments, Fees, Savings Regarding Almost Everything in Life?
I know this is a very generic and general question that most of us know the answer to but honestly I have been looking at the way I have setup my payments and organised my bills and I just can't get rid of the feeling that I have not full optimised my current situation.
So for my own situation I only have a few bills which all got deducted from my main account with Westpac.
- fortnightly rent (it is complicated but basically it is not a proper through a real estate agent or even tenant landlord kind of agreement but we kind of pretend that jokingly among ourselves.. it is about $200 to $300 in a shared living arrangement through let us just say the "church" and church friends haha lol like I said it is complicated but yeah I basically try to chip in my part for the bills anyways it is complex to go into but yeah I tried paying about $750 a month at one time but the owners said you only have to pay the same as the other guy and we know you have put in a lot of your own money into the house from repairs and groceries so only pay $500 now for everything yeah this is bound to change as who knows what the future may hold but yeah kind of in this as a team group kind of thing)
- monthly internet and house phone bill about $70 + $10 (I personally don't need the land line but others do so we agreed to get a home bundle plan and this is the cheapest 50/20 and unlimited Australian national calls to landlines and mobiles I can find if we were to remove the house phone which most likely won't happen then I know there are some $55/month 50/20 unlimited nbn plans that pop up every once in awhile or at least $59.95 month 50/20 unlimited nbn plans)
- monthly Xbox for game pass for pc (I just started and tried this from a recommendation from a friend and at $1 it seems good value but it is $4.95 every month after though may discontinue it if I don't see many games value for it or if it becomes $9.95 per month)
- now on pause monthly Netflix basic standard plan for just myself around $10.95 IIRC might try find a family plan next time but I like to pause it every now and so so might end up costing more since you cannot really pause a family plan (I love Netflix from black mirror to movies from the past decade to stand up comedy and political shows but every month or so I take a break and do something else now when I get Netflix burnout)
- prepaid mobile plan with boost 12 months $130 - $150 (will probably do this again next year 2020 March unless something more amazing pops up)
- I got into a YouTube family premium group for $12 a year or $1 a month which is honestly the best thing I have on this list ok maybe the mobile plan is important too and the internet but yeah I could live on the streets with a YouTube family premium honestly haha it is so good those little things are worth it imho
so yeah that covers pretty much all my expenses for now.. I do want to help out my household more buying stuff for the house that we need and etc it is basically a community group effort kind of thing.. some contribute less than me which can be frustrating but I am 100% sure others are contributing more than me behind the scenes without us knowing so for that I thank them dearly and hope to pay it forward when I am in a better situation as life struggles are always present
Honestly besides food and work stuff I had to buy recently I think I don't have any other expenses.. no car yet that is also on the spotlight if I can figure out something really cheap and inexpensive might be good for work but for now work is thankfully near all the stations
I have considered Spotify but I actually enjoy the ads sometimes and can tolerate it.. the price is not worth it for me.. I am flexible when it comes to music if it is on it is on if it is off it is off meh
Netflix and Xbox game pass for PC are the truly optional ones on that list.. mainly only got them for others who I used to live with (many people pass through this place) so if someone expresses interest in something I try to accommodate.. Netflix was good for the whole household at one time and my housemate loves Xbox game pass more than life itself all he ever talks about so I got it eventually after few years of him telling me to get it lol
All my expenses are debited from one account
I have two other westpac e-saver accounts and when I get paid I send some money to one of them for now so I don't accidentally find myself with nothing from some unfortunate incident or whatever
The other westpac e-saver account is still empty not sure what to use it for might be a secondary savings account for something if I figure something else to save up for.. maybe a car? or if I find a girlfriend lol haha maybe a new PC who knows although my current PC is sufficient for now
So yeah how do you manage your expenses and income
Do you just have one account that you use for everything
I know some people have separate accounts for their mortgage, their car repayments and maybe even student loans I don't know I am interested to hear how everyone manages their finances and etc
For now I just have 1 main choice concession account and 2 westpac e-saver accounts and I think you can make as many e-saver accounts for free as you like but they can only hold funds and cannot be used like a normal transaction account to pay bills or even receive money like a normal transaction account only able to interact with your own other personal accounts
Thanks for reading this hope it was not too difficult to read have a nice day