I'm buying an air con for my tenants.
It'll just be a reverse cycle air con in the master bedroom. The compressor should just go in the balcony.
This is MS paint diagram (https://imgur.com/a/RQNiU32) in ozbargain fashion.
The quote I got was about $3.2k - however the model they wanted to supply is this
Daikin ALRIA - FTXM25UVMA / RXM25UVMA - 2.5kw cool / 3.2kw heat (Rated Capacity) R32 Refrigerant - Energy Rating (EER/COP) = 5.10 Cool / 5 Heat
From a very cursory search, the machine is worth about $1k (https://www.ebay.com.au/p/1268213892?iid=183937916795&chn=ps...)
I have no idea about air cons but does $2.2k for installation seem excessive or is that normal? Should I get a second quote?
This is the statement of work
- Supply and installation of new wall mounted reverse cycle split system in Master bedroom.
- Indoor unit will be mounted on internal wall, next to balcony window , blowing towards ensuite entry.
- Outdoor condenser will be installed back to back at ground level on plastic feet. on balcony.
- Install new refrigeration pipework with allowance for up to a maximum of 3m of pipework.
- Install new single phase electrical circuit with dedicated power supply from existing switchboard with a weatherproof isolation switch mounted adjacent to condenser. * Externally ran pipework will be concealed in plastic pipe cover.
- Drain to be gravity fed and run to ground outside.