Battery powered tool brand recommendations?

Which brands are good? I know very little about tools.

I assume the batteries are incompatible between brands and used as lock in. That would make the 'ecosystem' you buy into important. What about 'off brand' batteries?


Thanks for all the replies

Comments

  • -1 vote

    Ryobi! the cheap off brand batteries from Ebay work just as well as the originals and the tools are cheap

  •  

    Ego line is good

  •  

    I assume the batteries are incompatible between brands and used as lock in.

    Yes, but for some there are adapters you can buy Eg https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162468406739

  • +1 vote

    On site 80% of the tools I see are Makita. The other 20% are Milwaukee. That for what it's worth :)

  • +1 vote

    tradie or home use? I find the ryobi one range @ Bunnings great for my diy use at home. have a huge range of attachments as well. I also have a Makita drill & driver I use at work and this is much tougher however costs more.

    •  

      Ryobi one+ for domestic use is fine. There's a decent range of tools and warranty.

  •  

    For general DIY home weekend warrior use, Ryobi One+ is fine and they have a lot of skins

    Tradie-wise, I've seen a lot of tradies use makita so I guess they're good for that purpose

    •  

      There's Makita and then there's Makita
      Makita have budget models competing with Ryobi right up to Trade Models.
      The price difference is vast.

  •  

    Also something to think about: Ryobi tools have a replacement warranty whereas AEG, Dewalt and Makita have repair warranties.

  •  

    you sound like your not going to use it much to much. anything really, ozito from bunnings, the aldi 18v range. all good home quality stuff.

  •  

    Think about all the tools you're going to use or need in the future and find a brand that has them.