A family member is looking for a 14" all rounder laptop around $700-$800.
We have narrowed it down to the following 2 models:
- $699 Dell Inspiron 14 5000 14 inch FHD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop - i3-8145U 2.10GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Win10 Home (new and sealed)
- $699 Dell Latitude 5480 14" Laptop i5-6440HQ 2.6GHz 8GB Ram 256GB SSD | 1YR WTY (Refurbished)
The family member is keen on the 2 in 1 function and so is favouring option #1.
Although I see the benefits of the 2 in 1 function (as my daughter has a Dell XPS13 2 in 1 which is awesome), I see the following benefits of option #2.
1. The Latitude has double the SSD 128 vs 256GB. I'm concerned the 128GB SSD is pretty small. I guess she could use cloud storage as well.
2. The processor in the latitude has better benchmarking than the Inspiron 2 in 1 even thought he i3 8145U is two generations newer.
3. The build quality of a Latitude is usually better than an Inspiron.
Just wondering others input on which would be a better all rounder for basic internet/netflix/photo storage type applications.