Wondering if you can help with your experience in the matter :)
It's my first time doing a knockdown-rebuild of a home. I'm a little confused with the site costs.
My proposed builder (Metricon) just gave me a ball park of the total site costs - around $65k ($40k-45k site costs [not sure what this is] + $15k demolition + $5k power pit). I'm going to meet the sales rep this week to find out more but was hoping to go in prepared.
What's involved in these 'site costs' to make such a significant cost of $40k-45k?
About my land:
- Currently has a 1959 single storey home on it, which I want to demolish
- I want to build a $240kish single storey home
- It's flat land and there are homes of the same period around it
- It's located in the western suburbs of Melbourne (Sunshine)
- It's a quiet street (not a main road)
- Above ground powerlines
Edit: Also what have been your experiences with site costs? How much was yours and what was done?
Thank you in advance :)
PS first time poster, please be nice :)