Newly released ebook for Japanese learners. I've looked through it and it appears to be well written.
Free at the time of posting.
How Japanese Short Stories for Beginners works:
- Each chapter possesses a funny, interesting and/or thought-provoking story based on real-life situations, allowing you to learn a bit more about the Japanese culture.
- Having trouble understanding Japanese characters? No problem – we provide you with the English translation below each paragraph, allowing you to fully grasp what you’re reading!
- The summaries follow a synopsis in Japanese and in English of what you just read, both to review the lesson and for you to see if you understood what the tale was about. Use them if you’re having trouble.
- At the end of those summaries, you will be provided with a list of the most relevant vocabulary from that chapter, as well as slang and sayings that you may not have understood at first glance! Do not get lost trying to understand or pronounce it all, either, as all of the vocabulary words are Romanized for your ease of learning!
- Finally, you’ll be provided with a set of tricky questions in Japanese, allowing you the chance to prove that you learned something in the story. Whether it’s true or false, or if you’re doing the single answer questions, don’t worry if you don’t know the answer to any — we will provide them immediately after, but no cheating!