General gripe here.
I'm sure there's going to be a lot said by Apparel Retailers about how "difficult" COVID has been.
To that I'm going to say "Bah bloody humbug. You've done it to yourselves.".
I'm in Vic, so Online shopping is the go-to channel. I'm looking to shop the basic range - nothing fancy.
Can't get the basics Online. The vast majority of items are out of stock for Online ordering.
Shopping for a 10 year old… need a couple of Trackpants, Hoodies, Socks, Slippers. Here's my experience:
- Target - At least they have a filter for "Available Online". Awesome right? Click it and everything vanishes. Arrrggg… Couldn't find sizes, or colors, and range is hugely limited. Found only two units of the needed items.
- KMart - Don't have a filter for "Available Online", so it's the freakin lottery. Popped 8 items in my basket and only TWO are available for Online Ordering. Couldn't you tell me this before disappointing me?
- H&M - Geez folks. No online presence in Aus? WTH. Am I dreaming. Certainly Google'd my ar$3 off to spend my hard earned $$'s with no luck.
- David Jones - Seriously - no filter on Size!!! I have to click every item to check size availability. Gotta be kidding me. With premium prices was not expecting that. Gave up searching on Trackpants.
- Myer - Dudes… Range!. Like Target limited Trackpants available and out of stock on the go-to colours - black, charcoal, navy.
… and so I "walk away" empty handed…. so Mr/Ms Retailer don't you damn complain about how "hard you've been hit". You've been ill-prepared for the Digital age. Online has been sluggish because your range and availability online has been, and remains, poor. Contrast my experience with the Apparel Retailers vs the Tech Retailers - 10 items sought out, 10 items found and purchased.
… and before anyone suggests that Tech is "different". This all ultimately comes down to the 3 P's of retailing - right Product and the right Price at the right Place… and that folks is the failing of the Australian Apparel Retailer. There is demand, and there is supply. It's simply not available at the right Place!