Is it ok for 'in stock' and 'available for pre-order here' "deals" to be clogging up the OzBargain deals page?

If so I'm expecting hundreds of them for the new technology releases of Nvidia graphics cards, PS5, XBox Series X and next gen AMD graphics cards and CPUs. These are all guaranteed to be scarce to obtain in the months ahead.

Just wanted to use the calm before the upcoming storm to get an umpires ruling on this.

Comments

  • +1 vote

    If it locks you order in at a certain price from a reputable store, then why not. If quantities are limited then they will expire before they hit the front page for more than a few minutes anyway.

  •  

    Just to be clear these "deals" will all be at RRP or above. They will be 90% about the chance of getting one, 10% about the price.

    •  

      Compared to a 2080 or anything else on the market the RRP will be a great deal.

  • +1 vote

    That's an excellent prediction. I can imagine it as well. Amazon posts expiring within minutes. jv will complain about the RRP not being a bargain. His comments will attract negs. save50 will post every price alert he receives. Matter of fact, it's been happening for a while now :-P

  • +4 votes

    RRP or above is not a bargain.

    • +1 vote

      And community will decide quickly if it is or isn't.

      OP's post seems like a passive/aggressive whinge towards any current posters of RRP deals

      •  

        Huh? I have zero idea about any current RRP deals. If I wanted to complain about them why wouldn't I just complain about them???

        What I have a strong idea about is the demand for the upcoming Nvidia GPUs is going to massively exceed supply. For months.

        Next Gen consoles are very likely to be almost as bad. Also for months.

        I'm not kidding about the hundreds of deals coming up.

        •  

          It happened a lot with Nintendo Switch earlier this year and was common for the NES and SNES minis.

  • +2 votes

    "bEiNg iN sToCk MaKeZ iT a BaRgAiN!!1!!!11!!" - Every Nintendo/Switch post, ever.

  •  

    <1% of the bargains here make me excited 👌

    •  

      I’m only here for the “I did a u-turn while speeding, into a no stopping zone in my uninsured Mustang and hit a bus while price shopping for a new RAV4… what’s my best price?” threads…

  •  

    I did a quick glance at deal posting guideline and seems ok. But in the end, it's up to the mods.

    If you disagree, talk to the mods and maybe request change to posting guidelines.

  •  

    If a product can't be bought cheaper elsewhere, does that make it a bargain? Maybe not according to the definition but it seems everyone has a different view.

  •  

    In-stock orders, maybe. If it’s a popular item that’s hard to get for RRP at a store because of stock levels meanwhile it’s being scalped on eBay etc by other sellers then I guess that’s a deal.

    Pre-orders, no. For example when PS5 pre-orders are announced and then available there’s no need to create a deal post for it. News like that belongs in the forums.

    •  

      Pre-orders, no. For example when PS5 pre-orders are announced and then available there’s no need to create a deal post for it. News like that belongs in the forums.

      The thing is, it'll vary, and history shows us this as well (recently went looking through here for the initial XB1 deal posts). A $20 saving, or a free minor game (or a free hat), will be something that people are keen on and will vote up.

      At the end of the day, community will decide what is or isn't a deal. RRP posts will get negged and won't front-page, posts with minor discounts/inclusions for wanted items will hit front page

      • +1 vote

        Well a $20 saving or a bonus inclusion is a deal. I purely meant something like EB Games has announced pre-orders open Monday 9am. That’s not a deal.