I have a co-worker in the office who does a delivery job on the side for some extra income. I believe he has an appointment with a lawyer coming up in regards to the below issue however for my own curiosity and to see if I can give him any tips I thought I'd ask the question here.
- Co-worker was working on an ABN for a delivery company.
- The delivery company provides the work van.
- Co-worker backs into a Ferrari.
- Delivery Company refuses to lodge an insurance claim.
- Ferrari owner's insurance company "Dawes Insurance" sends him a "Notice of Intention to Sue" for the sum of $48,000.
Is the delivery company obligated to lodge an at-fault insurance claim for the ABN worker?
(Also, I have always thought third party property damage should be compulsory in Australia!)