Hi all, I was hoping on some opinions on how to resolve an issue/escalate an issue that we have been having with our builder.
- A less than 1 year old home had a sudden major underground water leak (flooded our neighbours' gardens and road) that was fixed under warranty by the builder
- It left us with a quarterly water bill of ~$1700 (previous bills max out at $400), which we have asked the builder to partially compensate
- We have questioned their calculations and reasoning, but the person we are corresponding with is stubborn, crap at basic maths, and doesn't answer our questions
- This negotiation started in Nov 2020, but most of the correspondence has been this year
- We have requested their work phone / mobile to perhaps discuss in more detail and have been ignored
- We have requested to talk to someone else given the above and have been denied
- We are asking for ~$700 (Approx $1700 leak bill - $400 highest regular bill - $700 goodwill from SYDwater).
- They have made a final offer of $400 (and said, any further challenges and they will refuse to refund or discuss anymore)
- This was after they proposed many different convoluted methods of calculating the cost, resulting in offers of $200, $300, and finally $400.
- But the their calculations are still full of simple mathematical errors like 12months / 4 = 4 months and a few other things and double subtracting service fees
We are wondering where to go from here?