G'day All, the wife is looking at getting a brand new Toyota Yaris Ascent Sport Hatch Automatic CVT. Looking at the various dealerships in Sydney, the advertised drive-away price (on their respective websites) is approximately between $26,000 to $28,000. Questions:
- All sites state that current offers end 30 April 2020. Any advice if it is advisable to wait for end of fiscal year deals or should we make a move now?
- Generally how much discount can I bargain for? Say if the dealership is selling for $26,500 drive-away, should I aim for $22,500? That was just an example, but what is a realistic figure to work towards? Is it 4K off their price or 3K?
- Any advice on strategies to negotiate?
- Thoughts on using a car broker? Never used one before, but a friend of mine did his research when he bought his car and then contacted this agent who then managed to get him a better price through his network.
- Any other recommendations?
Thanks in advance!