I am from Adelaide. I recently bought a TV 75" from the Good Guys (for $1700) https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/samsung-75-inches-au8000-4k-u...
I paid $300 for wall mounting. The wall-mount installation is arranged through the Good Guys by an external company.
On the day of wall mounting, I was charged $100 extra for concealing the cable under the wall and I am happy with that. Then, the staffs suggested me to provide:
* 2x HDMI cables (3m).
* 1x Surge Protector
* 1x 5m Fly Lead
They didnot tell me that they will charge me extra. I thought they are included in the cost.
At the invoice payment, they charged me:
* 2x HDMI cables (3m) = 2x $100 = $200
* 1x Surge Protector = $100
* 1x 5m Fly Lead = 39$
All the HDMI cables and surge protector are still visible outside the board. Thus, I can confirm that these are the one they provided to me
* $11 each (charged me $100 each) https://www.inkstation.com.au/high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-eth...?
* $28 (charged me $100) https://www.amazon.com.au/SANSAI-Outlets-Charging-Charger-Pr...
* $12 (charged me $39) https://www.amazon.com.au/White-Antenna-Cable-Aerial-Flylead...
I have called the installers to justify the costs. However, they said that they have installed the "high-quality" product and refused to discount/refund.
I was charged $200 for 2 HDMI cables which are worth $20. Do you have any suggestion on where should I proceed with the formal complaint about this?
Total $749 for wall-mount installation cost, excluding the wall-mount kit.
Receipt 1: labour cost $300 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt276vsmudimlxi/Receipt_1_TGG.PNG?...
Receipt 2: extra installation (above thread) $439 https://www.dropbox.com/s/swb3vcm29t6b9j4/Receipt_2_TGG.PNG?...
This is the photo after wall-mount installation https://www.dropbox.com/s/6739ik0puvrg3p6/after_installation...
Update 1: I have contacted the Good Guy who said that they will contact the installers and get back to me…
Update 2: The GoodGuy has reviewed this case and contacted the installers. The installers has got back and offered the refund of $220 back to me. In particular, the costs have been updated as follows:
* 2x HDMI cables (3m) = 2x $100 = $200 (previously charged) => $50
* 1x Surge Protector = $100 (previously charged) => $50
* 1x 5m Fly Lead = 39$ (previously charged) => 20$