So we have recently bought a new house (2 storey) with tiles on the lower level and floorboards on the upper level and large rugs under the beds in the bedrooms. We also have a delightful 1 year old Kelpie / Border Collie cross who sheds a fair bit. I've decided a robotic vacuum is the way to go but I'm now a little overwhelmed with all the choices!
My requirements so far:
1. Must be able to vacuum and mop
2. Must be able to move from floorboards to carpet and back
3. Decent battery life
4. Superior "smartness"
- Able to handle multiple floors
- Able to build intelligent, dynamic "maps" of our floorplan
- Able to adjust route based on random obstacles (like the dog's toys)
5. Simple, easy to use app
6. Decent warranty
7. Local supply and service
8. Price - I want something excellent and prepared to pay for that but would prefer to keep costs down where possible
At this stage my front runner is the Roborock S6 MaxV but it is rather expensive. Happy to go down this path if it is a good buy but wanted to hear from anyone else before I pull the trigger.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice!