I'm going to have my first kid soon and I'd like to work out what do I actually need. I've read first time parents can go overboard so I don't want to be one of those parents. But at the same time, I want to make it nice for my kid and my partner.
What are items that are fine getting second hand vs new?
What sort of gifts did family and friends buy?
Did you make a baby wishlist?
What I already have
- Cot/Crib with mattress - Bought new on clearance
- Carseat (newborn to 8 years) - Bought new on extra discount
- Shower chair - Given to us barely used
- 1 x Nappy bag - Bought new on discount
- Co sleeper/Portable crib - Given to us
- Bouncer - Given to us
- A few books - Got from vinnies
- First aid kit
- digital thermometer
What I need
- Change table and mat
- Sheets/blanket for mattress
- Clothes for the baby
- Maternity clothes for my partner
- newborn nappies
What I think I need
- First aid training
- Baby monitor
- Feeding Bottles
- Rocking Chair
- nappy bin
- Steriliser, bottle warmer, breast pump
Any info from parents would be great. I like to be organised with what I need, but I also don't want to buy things that are just a waste of time, money and space or if its a common gift.
Edit: Thank you everyone for your kind help and suggestions! My partner is stunned that people took the time out of their day to write to us. I'm adding things i need into my spreadsheet and going for a hunt on marketplace!! Thank you!