Sale price is back for this model, which differs from the regular Penrose by offering additional XBox compatibility via toggle switch on the dongle.
Note that this model does support Playstation consoles, all you have to do is toggle the switch on the dongle.
This is the unquestioned wireless gaming headset for audio quality and detail level, and it's in its own tier as far as that niche goes.
- Successor to Audeze Mobius (sans USB wired mode and headtracking)
- Low-latency wireless & bluetooth (simultaneously)
- Closed back planar driver (updated from the Mobius)
- 15 hour battery life (planar driver uses a lot of power)
- Multiple DSP presets (default & 'music' preferred by most)
Tonality is Harman neutral with a touch of warmth in the bass and a bit of extra treble in the air frequencies.
There's been some user complaints over the journey so I might cover some in this post:
- Any wireless connectivity issues should be resolvable via checking local interference, or improving line of sight (front USB ports or a USB extension cable)
- Mic is professional grade in wired mode, not in wireless mode (duh); may get firmware update in future due to upcoming wireless codec tech
- Comfort issues should be resolved by adjusting headband and correctly aligning pads, or lightly stretching the headband as needed… like most headphones
Be aware of A2A's return policy and consult with them before sale if you're concerned about fitment issues and the like, so you have a good basis for return without paying for re-stocking.
Reviews a plenty out there for it and the Mobius, but I'll let everyone else post their favourites and I'll pick them apart in the comments. :P