Indie game developer Terry Cavanagh is having a Black Friday 2021 sale on three of his highly-rated games on multiple PC game-centric storefronts - itch.io / Steam / GOG.com
- Dicey Dungeons is currently cheapest on itch.io (~A$5.25), next cheapest at Steam (A$7.31) and then (A$7.39) at GOG.com
- VVVVVV is currently cheapest itch.io (~A$1.39), next cheapest at GOG.com (A$1.79) and then (A$1.87) over at Steam
- but weirdly enough, Super Hexagon seems to be cheapest on GOG.com (A$1.09), next cheapest at Steam (A$1.12) and then over at itch.io (~A$1.38)
NOTE: purchasing these games on itch.io, will also include Steam keys for their respective listings over on Steam.
Become a giant walking dice and battle to the end of an ever-changing dungeon! Can you escape the cruel whims of Lady Luck?
In this new fast-paced deckbuilding roguelike from Terry Cavanagh (Super Hexagon, VVVVVV), Chipzel, and Marlowe Dobbe, you'll fight monsters, find better loot, and level up your heroes as you work together to take down the Goddess of Fortune, Lady Luck herself. Balance your carefully planned strategies against the unknown of a dice roll.
Play as six different characters, each with their own unique play styles and abilities.
- The Thief, who steals random enemy equipment every turn!
- The Robot, who gains dice by playing a push-your-luck blackjack game!
- The Inventor, overcome with inspiration, who must destroy their own equipment after each fight to get parts for powerful new gadgets!
Master each class and figure out which one best fits your style in this charming world filled with a growing array of twists and secrets.
Can you make it out alive? Maybe, but luck is definitely not on your side.
- Six wildly different playable classes: Warrior, Thief, Robot, Jester, Inventor and Witch.
- Dozens of enemies, ranging from Vacuum Cleaners that want to suck your blood, to creatures from Irish mythology, to suave malevolent snowmen.
- A catchy, upbeat and energetic soundtrack by Chipzel (previously, the musician from Super Hexagon).
- Beautiful and adorable artwork by Marlowe Dobbe.
- Procedurally generated for endless play-throughs.
Super Hexagon is a minimal action game by Terry Cavanagh, with music by Chipzel.
Important facts about Hexagons:
- Hexagons are first order permutohedrons: The vertices of a hexagon can be formed by permuting the coordinates of the vector (1, 2, 3).
- The north pole of the planet Saturn has a hexagonal storm cloud pattern with 8,600 mile long sides, larger than the diameter of Earth.
- Though hexagon may appear to be a difficult word to rhyme, there are actually dozens of words that rhyme with it. For example: Autobahn, decagon, decathlon, electron, Kyrgzstan, Lebanon, leprechaun and marathon.
Help! Everyone has been teleported away randomly! As the heroic Captain Viridian, it's up to you to find your friends, bring them back to safety, and save the universe!
VVVVVV is a platform game all about exploring one simple mechanical idea - what if you reversed gravity instead of jumping?
The game is designed not to artificially gate your progress. In VVVVVV there are no locks, no power-ups, no switches, nothing to stop you progressing except the challenges themselves.