No, we cannot remove your account and all of your data from our database. Due to database integrity reasons, user accounts are not removed from OzBargain.
We do however, allow users to deactivate their account.
To deactivate your account,
- Go to your Settings page.
- Click on “Deactivate account” link near the bottom of the page.
- Optionally select a reason why you wish to have your account deactivated.
- Click on “Confirm”, and your account would be deactivated.
This is what happens when your account is deactivated:
- Your account is now “Deactivated” and cannot be logged in.
- Your profile page becomes inaccessible.
- Your email subscriptions are removed.
- Your username is anonymised to ”[Deactivated]”
Having your account deactivated means you do not wish to participate on OzBargain anymore. You will not be able to log back into that account or create a new account.
- If you have a compelling reason to why you cannot use your old account, you should also contact OzBargain support to discuss your situation, before a new account is created.
Yes, you can. If you have previously deactivated the account yourself, you can use Account Reactivation page, provided that you still remember the username, password and email address linked to your deactivated account. Otherwise please contact us with the username or email address of the account. Note that OzBargain reserves the right to deny unreasonable, repeated reactivation requests.