Unfortunately, no, we cannot remove your account and all of your data from our database. Due to database integrity reasons, user accounts are not removed from OzBargain.
We do however, allow users to deactivate their account.
To deactivate your account,
- Go to your Settings page.
- Click on “Deactivate account” link near the bottom of the page.
- Optionally select a reason why you wish to have your account deactivated.
- Click on “Confirm”, and your account would be deactivated.
These are what happened when your account is deactivated:
- Your account is now “Blocked” and cannot be logged in.
- Your profile page becomes inaccessible.
- Your email subscriptions are removed.
- Your user name is anonymised to “DisabledUser<uid>”
Having your account deactivated means you do not wish to participate on OzBargain anymore. You will not be able to log back into that account, nor should you create a new account.
- If you wish to have a username change, DO NOT deactivate your account. Change your username in the settings page or TWAM to have your username updated. See this FAQ entry.
- If you would like come back to OzBargain, contact support to have your old account “restored”.
- If you really do not want to use your old account and have a convincing reason for it, you shall also contact OzBargain support to clarify the situation before new account is created.