This is an old revision of the document!
Your profile avatar is a graphical representation of your user account. To edit your profile avatar, go to your account settings page, scroll down to “Profile Avatar” section and follow the instructions to:
- upload an image of your choice, or
- copy your image from your Gravatar account that is linked to your email address
These avatar images are not allowed on OzBargain:
- R or X rated gravatars.
OzBargain allows G and PG rated Gravatars, however Gravatar's rating can not always be correct. If an image is not G or PG rated, then it should not be used as your profile avatar. Images that don't fall into G or PG ratings (R & X) contain such things as harsh profanity, intense violence, nudity, hard drug use, hardcore sexual imagery or extremely disturbing violence.
- Images that mimic buttons and control elements on OzBargain.
Gravatars that seek to confuse users are not allowed. Examples: Voting buttons, rep tags, and moderator tags.
If you think another user's profile avatar is not appropriate, please report it to the moderators or report to this forum discussion thread. Moderators reserve the right to override avatar images with our default image.
- Images that mimic or lampoon another member's avatar.
- Offensive or provocative gravatars
Moderators reserve the right to remove any avatar we deem may be offensive or provocative in the interest of keeping discussions on topic and preventing arguments.
If your profile avatar has been overridden with a default one, you need to:
- Go to Gravatar.com to upload a more appropriate image.
- Notify the moderators that you have made the adjustment.
- Moderators will then evaluate and lift the overriding flag.