Moderators have found you have a link with the deal/company you have posted. And as a result you have been banned.
For the purposes of OzBargain, it's posting a deal, comment or voting while not declaring that you are affiliated with the company.
- A person posts a deal pretending to be a customer when they are actually the business owner.
- A friend, family member, or employee posts a deal without declaring affiliation.
- The OP creates multiple ghost accounts which then vote or comment on the deal.
The length of your ban (e.g. permanently or 1 month) depends on:
- the severity of the incident
- initiating a dialogue with us through the Talk with Mod forum
- an explanation of the sockpuppeting
- what policies you set to prevent this in the future
- whether the sockpuppeting was intentional
Whilst many users & stores have been permanently banned for sockpuppeting, some have come back. These companies have imposed a strict social media policy and become valuable members of OzBargain.
- working for the company? (all tiers - including management!)
- on the companies payroll?
- designing the companies website?
- working as a marketer for this company?
- designing/making/producing the product being sold?
- related to someone mentioned above?
- a contractor for this company?
- been asked by someone to post on this site?
- been offered money/prizes/incentives to post this deal?
If yes, its okay! All you need to do is declare your affiliation
If its a direct affiliation - tick the “i am a rep” box.
If you're unsure, just write it in the body of the deal.
Example: “Disclosure: I worked here over the holidays”
* If you believe this was unpublished for the wrong reason or would like the deal reassessed by a different moderator, please contact the moderators. *
However, lying to moderators will result in ban extensions, including permanent bans