I am in the market for a house and thought that ozbargain is a great place to ask for advice. So i need tips and suggestion when buying a house.
My budget is up to $550 000. The house need to be Close to cabramatta/canley height/canley vale, and it needs to has at least 3 bedroom.
- What are the process involved?
- When do you need to make deposit?
- What is and how long is the cooling off period?
- What the best bank to get a home loan from?
- What is the associate cost involved when buying a house?
- What document do i need to provide the bank to get the loan?
I am with commonwealth for 7 years and they recently pre-approved me for a $450k loan. However the thing is i am still waiting for my Permanent Residence application. So the question is — Do i have to be an Australian Permanent Residence to apply for a home loan. Because they did not ask me when i apply for this pre-approved loan. This is not very important because i am buying together with my brother who is a AU resident and has enough borrowing capacity anyway.
Any Tips, advises is greatly appreciated.