If you’ve got more time than money and have a startup idea that you think you have the skills to build, a new partnership between Amazon Web Services and online education portal edX will hook you up with $1,000 in credit for completing one of two courses on entrepreneurship.
Unless you’ve already taken some classes on building a startup, you’re not going to be able to completely BS your way through MITx’s Entrepreneurship 101 or 102 on edX. You actually have to pass the course, so expect to put at least tens of hours into the class. But once you make your way through the coursework, you automatically receive $1,000 in credit to spend on processor time and/or storage in Amazon’s cloud.
You also get a few more bonuses meant for those more comfortable with code than administrating infrastructure, including credit for instructor-led training and web classes on using AWS, free support at Amazon’s premium tier, and “office hours” with Amazon specialists who can help figure out how to architect your app or service for Amazon’s instances.
Starting a company? Looking to scale a business? Want access to a global network of support and entrepreneurs?
Amazon Web Services provides businesses with low cost, easy to use infrastructure needed to scale and grow.
AWS Activate is designed to provide you the resources needed to get started on AWS. Join some of the fastest-growing startups in the world and build your business using AWS.
Entrepreneurship 101: https://www.edx.org/course/entrepreneurship-101-who-customer...
Entrepreneurship 102: https://www.edx.org/course/entrepreneurship-102-what-can-you...
What do I get?
- $1,000 in AWS credits valid for 2 years
- Free access to the AWS Essentials: 1 day web-based or instructor-led training (normally ~$600/course), plus 8 tokens for self-paced labs (normally ~$30/lab)
- One month of premium AWS Business Support
- Free access to 1:1 virtual office hours with AWS solutions architects
- Special offers from other companies that help startups, including Chef, Bitnami, Amazon Payments, SOASTA, Podio, CopperEgg and more
Am I Eligible?
- Enroll in the verified track in Entrepreneurship 101 or Entrepreneurship 102
- Receive a passing grade in the course.
- The AWS offer is limited to one per person.
How does it work?
- When you pass either Entrepreneurship 101 or 102 as a Verified student you will receive an email with a code that you can use on the AWS site.
- Step 1: Sign up at AWS with the coupon code provided
- Step 2: Fill out the form edX will email you with your student email address, name and AWS Account #
- In approximately 3 weeks, AWS will confirm your eligibility and grant you access to your AWS credit
Pursue a Verified Certificate
Plan to use your completed coursework for job applications, career advancement, or school applications?
Upgrade to work toward a Verified Certificate of Achievement to document your accomplishment. A minimum fee applies.
Select your contribution for this course (min. $ 50 USD):