This is for those of us building web applications — Amazon has recently released their a free tier to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The freebies for each month includes:
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Micro Instance (613MB memory)
- 750 hours of Eleastic Load Balancer
- 10GB of Eleastic Block Storage
- 5GB of S3 storage + 20k GET + 2k PUT requests
- 30GB of data transfer
- 25 SimpleDB machine hours + 1GB storage
- 100k requests of Amazon SQS
- 100k requests, 100k HTTP notifications + 1000 email notifications of Simple Notification Service
- (Applying to EC2, ELB, EBS, S3) — These free tiers are only available to new AWS customers and are available for 12 months following your AWS sign-up date. When your free usage expires or if your application use exceeds the free usage tiers, you simply pay standard, pay-as-you-go service rates.
- (Applying to SimpleDB, SQS, SNS) — These free tiers do not expire after 12 months and are available to both existing and new AWS customers indefinitely.
- You need credit card to register
- Offer starts on 1 November 2010
Too bad that I have been a user of AWS for 3+ years so can't qualify for free EC2/S3.