Hi my 13+ year old washing machine (LG) just broke and I don't know what's wrong with it (I'd assume repairs would wouldn't be worth it). Could you please recommend me a good quality and reasonably priced one? I'm looking for anyone that is good and is a front loader (maybe 10kg load?) and which retailer to purchase it from (preferably remove=able and installation). Anything half price would be great, but ideally $1000 is my budget which isn't much (maybe an additional $300 or so can be spared for a good washing machine). Preferably be able to wash colours and whites/blacks together without any problems.
I've done a quick google search and am overwhelmed with the results. So any information would be appreciated (I'm in Vic if that makes a difference regarding retailers).
- What's the average life of a good washing machine?
- Which retailer/store should I buy from? Removal and installation would be great, but I know it's probably not likely.
- Best brands (quality, durability/reliability, warranty, customer support, price, energy efficiency rating, etc)
- Worst/bad brands to avoid (e.g. bad quality, bad customer support, etc)
- Should I buy online or in-store? I'm leaning towards in-store because I can ask any questions up front.
- Is there anything else I should be concerned/informed about?
- Please link to the washing machine if you can, or just recommend the brand, model and type of the machine and I'll google it.