expired Free Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover (Issued by Chubb, Up to $500) When Paying with PayPal [Activation Required]
Last edited 17/01/2018 - 17:50 by 3 other users
- Coverage for a single registered PayPal user
- 12 months of coverage
- Up to $500 (maximum Sum Insured)
- 1 claim per year
- Nil excess
Pay for your trip with PayPal and enjoy complimentary Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover. If something goes wrong and you need to cancel, you can enjoy up to $500 back on pre-paid transport and accommodation costs.*
Protection for when life intervenes.
When you’re going on holiday you should be planning for adventures, not cancellations. Activate Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover to help cover you for life’s pre-trip mishaps.
- You can claim up to $500 for your portion of:
- Transport costs (like car rental, trains, buses and flights)
- Accommodation costs (like hotel rooms, Airbnb and bed and breakfasts)
- Entertainment or excursion tickets that were part of a trip
- Training or conference costs
- Simply changing your mind about a trip
- Expenses not paid for with PayPal
- A travel agent’s cancellation fee
- You’re covered for one successful claim per year and will receive your refund within five business days.
When can you claim?
You can claim on Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover if you need to cancel your holiday because:
- You fall ill or have an accidental injury which renders you unfit for travel
- There’s a fire, flood or burglary at your home
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has issued a ‘do not travel’ or ‘reconsider your need to travel’ warning for the destination of your trip overseas
- You need to sit an official examination when you would have been away
- A relative or business partner unexpectedly passes away
- You experience any other unforeseen circumstance outside of your control, which necessitates the cancellation of a trip
Travelling with a friend?
Ask them to activate too. If they have an Australian PayPal account and have activated Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover, their portion of their own travel costs can be reimbursed too, up to $500 in one claim each year.
*Pre-Trip Cancellation Insurance is made available to customers of PayPal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 93 111 195 389 under a group policy issued to PayPal Pte Ltd (PayPal) by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL 239687 (Chubb). The policy intermediary is Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720, AFSL 241141 (Aon). Access to the group policy is provided to covered persons solely by statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Eligible PayPal customers are not a party to the group policy, do not have an agreement with Chubb and cannot vary or cancel the cover. PayPal is not the insurer, does not guarantee or hold the rights under the group policy on trust for PayPal customers and does not act as Chubb’s agent.
Pre-Trip Cancellation Insurance (the cover) is subject to terms, conditions, exclusions, pre-existing medical conditions and other limits. PayPal customers get access to the cover when they meet the activation and eligibility requirements (including purchasing travel using a valid PayPal account). This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, circumstances or needs. Before deciding whether this product is right for you, it is important that you read the Product Disclosure Statement carefully to consider whether the insurance meets your needs. Aon, Chubb and PayPal do not provide advice about the cover. Please note that the Pre-Trip Cancellation Cover is not comprehensive travel insurance and you should consider your need for additional travel insurance.