expired [PC] Assassin's Creed II FREE @ Ubisoft (Via Chrome Add-On Proxy/China VPN)
Last edited 06/02/2018 - 01:41 by 1 other user
Greetings everyone, spotted this over at MyDealz and looks like a decent freebie! I know AC IV was free recently but this seems pretty good as well :)
Really easy to get, download the Chrome Add-On GeoProxy, choose China in the dropdown menu and search, then click on a Chinese IP and refresh the page. It will make you put your UbiSoft details in and then if successful, will let you redeem it into your Ubisoft account.
Thanks to rob359, the proxy 22.214.171.124:3128 works the best.
Please note, it looks like it's in a chinese language only..
Using the Chrome browser, download the GeoProxy extension and select the extension from the Add window.
Afterwards (without activating the extension) log in to ubisoft.com with your own account.
Be sure to leave the tab open until the end.
Open another tab and now activate the Geoproxy extension (blue G in the upper right corner of the browser window).
At Geoproxy, use the drop-down menu to select China as country. Press Search and select one of the proxies now specified.
Go to the Giveaway page in this tab.
Select Register for PC.
In the next window, confirm that you want to add the game to your account.
Finally, select Geoproxy again and select "Do not use Proxy"
It's a bit of a work around but a quick one!
As always, enjoy!
Alternative method via VPN (thanks Multipass): http://www.ubisoft.com.cn/events/sf_giveaway
As part of the up coming Chinese New Year celebrations Ubisoft (China) is giving away Assassin's Creed II for free.
It is restricted to China only and requires a China VPN (China IP) in order to access this giveaway. Note that using a VPN set to Hong Kong will not work.
Below are the instructions I used to successfully redeem the giveaway:
- Log into your Ubisoft account
- Connect to China VPN (I used Getflix SSTP connection) and confirm China IP address (I use IP Location to validate my IP location)
- Browse to Assassin's Creed Promotion Page.
- Click on the 'Register for PC' button. If you do not see this and receive an error message saying that this is not for your region check that you are using a China IP.
- You should receive a "The game has been added to your library!" message.
- Log into Uplay and confirm Assassin's Creed II has been added to your account.
If the Promotion Page doesn't load or you are having problems, you can try the following steps in place of Step 3 in the aforementioned steps:
- Browse to the Ubisoft Giveaway page, it will load with a link to the Assassin's Creed II promotion page.
- Click on the RED button above the Assassin's Creed II banner, the one with the shopping trolley icon.
- You will be redirected to the promotion site (https://free.ubisoft.com/promotions/Assassins_Creed_2/19)
Mod: As per this comment the game may be set to Chinese language.