Megabuy Overselling (Single) Refurbished Monitor: Paid in Full, Next Day Told The Item Is out of Stock from Multiple Purchases
Last edited 15/02/2018 - 12:50 by 1 other user
My first post.
Hello OzBargin'rs, thanks for the cool website!
I purchased a refurbished Dell Ultrasharp u3014 monitor from megabuy.com.au and paid the full amount with shipping straight away.
Today I got multiple emails from service team, started with the email below:
We have been notified by our supplier that the product with part number U3014-EXG has sold out and can no longer be supplied.
Please let us know by replying to this email whether you would like to:
1. Change the product to a different product.
2. Cancel the item from the order and receive a refund or store credit.
If you have paid by a Bank Transfer and would like a refund, please also include your bank account details in your reply email so that we can process the refund without delay.
Customer Service Team
I asked them to supply a model with equal specs but they say they do not get that size often etc.
Next, they came at me with this confession:
The order was placed and processed yesterday. We were informed late yesterday that the single unit was ordered multiple times.
Some serious realities, and questions;
- The big problem I see is that this was a sale for a SINGLE Refurbished monitor. And they sold it multiple times and still took payment.
- Even though they will give a refund (Or Store credit?? wtf) they have my money, and the refund process takes days. First to PayPal, then getting it out of PayPal balance to my bank account.
- Should they compensate me and the others that purchased it? For the money trail, and time. Could I charge them an hourly rate until my money is back in my bank? :)
- Are these illegal practices?
It can't be hard to link a listing database to a sales database in real time with collision avoidance (Or whatever the terms).
I am really angry as I spent a long time searching and comparing monitors and missed out on other deals, also I need a monitor urgently.