NTT Docomo Japan Welcome SIM (LTE/3G) and Wi-Fi: XL 2GB 20-Day Plan JP ¥1950 / AU $23.70 (JP ¥1000 off) + View Ads for More Data
Last edited 13/11/2018 - 12:58 by 2 other users
Are you heading to Japan soon?
If so, you may be interested with this deal where you will get JP ¥1000 off for XL 2GB plan OR if you would like, you could instead opt for an extra 300Mb using Code DWJEF2GH.
Basically, you get access to 2GB high speed (LTE/3G), 128kbps once you used up all high speed data unlimited (you can top up, see below), or get free high speed data if you see ads or fill in questionnaires. Over 100,000 Wifi access location and the SIM Card can be picked up at major airports. Remember, you have 20 days access period.
I don't know when this deal ends but hey, grab it while it's there if you're heading there anyway.
How to get it?
- Apply for D Account (https://docomo.prepaid-sim.jp/signup). If you already have one as some OZbs are undoubtedly have, straight to login
- Fill in application, verify email, etc
- Choose Plan (variety of options but the discount of JP ¥1000 only applies to XL plan). Nominate your arrival date. This would be the start of your 20 days access period.
- Enter payment detail (XL plan would appear as JP ¥1950 something as final cost) - Recommend use your 28Degree MC. No Citibank Diners here unfortunately.
- Receive an email with QR codes. Print if you like. It will have the Exchange Code
- Exchange the Exchange Code at one of Japan's major airport (eg: Kansai T1 at Lawson or JAL ABC) for the Sim Card.
- Plug in and enjoy
Top Up Info
100MB JP ¥216 inc tax
500MB JP ¥756 inc tax
1GB JP ¥1296 inc tax
I think this is cheaper compared to KKDays or Simsdirect.com.au
EDIT: Added specs here. https://wow-j.com/en/sim_wifi/spec/