My Subaru Outback is in the shop… again… 2k worth of repairs this time.
Kind of making me want to just go get a whitegoods car and never have to worry about it. I don't drive enough (literally just for holidays and visiting family) to warrant a car that needs the occasional major repair. I want servicing only. What can I get that won't break? I've considered a diesel Forester or Outback but having had two Subarus with clutch issues I'm a little concerned now…
Suggestions for the following:
- Manual or auto, not fussed
- More ground clearance than say a Mazda Cx5 or something, but I don't need Landcruiser/Land Rover offroading ability - just light trails and snow.
- New ish
- Very reliable - I don't want to have to do anything other than routine maintenance.
- Not heaps fussed on style (duh, I have an Outback)
- More comfortable than an old Hilux, but don't need luxury.
Let me hear your thoughts!