Buying New Kluger Grande AWD 2019 - Negotiation Tips and Help
Long time lurker first time poster.
It’s finally my turn to buy a new car and I have been eying it for about 6 months and finally decided to start getting quotes over the phone.
The car in question is
Toyota Kluger Grande AWD 2019(Pearl white)
Price - Initial price is 76K however after back and forward talk sales person went down to 63K
I felt I could do better so decided to call another place and he straight away said 60K
I went back to the first place and they lowered it to 58
Dealer lowballed my car(Toyota Kluger 2013(KX-R, 5 Seats, FWD 215K) and said they would be able to do 7K which I think is just him trying to make some of the money back.
My questions are
- What’s a good price for the new car?
- What’s the best negation strategy when I see him in person?
- I’m wanting the extras such as mats, premium plate, ctp and towbar to be included into the deal - When should I be -adding them in order to get them for free?
- There has previously been deals where you set service etc. for every 6/12 months to a agreed fee - is this still happening and what’s the sweet spot.
- Finance or not to? And does it make a big deal as I was thinking to take out second mortgage
- Do I get a contract prior to buying to review extras etc?(Been told some car sales people will say 1 thing and then “forget it” and later deny
- Tips to lower the price even more
Anything else I should look out for or any tips for first time new car buyer
Appreciate your time reading this and helping out in advance