Targeted Xbox Live Gold 12 Months $43.80 via 4x 3-Month Renewal for $10.95 @ Microsoft (Membership Required)
Last edited 09/09/2019 - 03:42 by 1 other user
I found this while looking at ways to add some extra time onto my Xbox Live Gold subscription. It's a bit of a hack so bear with me. I also did this while using a private/incognito window in my browser, you may want to do the same so a cookie isn't set that may break the process.
Edit: it appears that if you’ve already upgraded to GamePass Ultimate this won’t work for you. It only works with standard Live Gold accounts.
- Visit www.xbox.com.au and log into your account.
- Navigate to Game Pass -> Xbox Live Gold.
- Click the button 'Gift Xbox Live Gold'.
- This will open a new tab which shows your remaining current subscription. If it doesn't show the current one reload the page and it should appear then. (You need to ensure the page knows you're logged in.)
- Click on the dropdown box and select 3 Months. The price displayed should change to $10.95.
- Click the 'Extend' button to complete the purchase and agree to signing up for a 3-month recurring subscription, with the next charge due the day after your time expires.
- Click the green 'Manage' button and this will take you to your Microsoft account.
- Locate the Xbox Live Gold section and click the link to 'Manage' beside your subscription.
- At the 'Has recurring billing' section click 'Change' and select 'Turn off recurring billing', then confirm the cancellation.
- Now log out of your Microsoft account. Close and reopen your browser and start from Step 1 again. Repeat as often as you like.
I don't know if there's a cap on how much you can purchase, I stopped at 1 year only because my PayPal account had run dry. Also, if you already have recurring billing turned on for your Xbox Live Gold account you may need to turn it off first before starting.
Once you've loaded up with Gold time, ensure you also stack it with the $2 Game Pass Ultimate deal, if you haven't already taken that up.