Need some advice:
- Purchased an item from Dick Smith official eBay account on 30/9/19
- Received email from seller saying that they have no more stock and will refund and give $10 credit to use on Kogan website (Kogan owns Dick Smith)in addition as compensation
- Email received from "[email protected]" saying that I have received funds for the purchase price, and makes reference to a 'History' subtab to claim funds. I have looked and there is no such 'History' tab. No funds were received in my account.
- When I press reply email, the email address is "[email protected]" instead of "[email protected]".
- When I go to eBay to make a claim that item hasn't been received, it reads "Unfortunately, we can't open a case for you because it looks like there's a payment issue with this order. Please contact PayPal customer support to cancel the payment."
- I made payment using eBay gift card, therefore it isn't showing as an activity transaction.
I have emailed Dick Smith customer help to find out what's going on, but all of this looks very dodgy especially the replying to email. Has anyone experienced such a thing?