HIA New House Contract Worth Getting Reviewed by Lawyer?
Last edited 18/11/2019 - 21:26
Just wanted to know how many people get there HIA building contracts reviewed by a building/construction lawyer before signing?
Some additional information:
- been told that HIA contracts heavily favour the builder
- build contract is fixed price, but some terms may indicate a price variation if the owner causes a breach
- property is for an investment and is being built by a project builder
- build is taking place in QLD
- have reviewed builders QBCC licence and they a clean state
- have been told that builders may not agree to any or all amendments even if I get the contract reviewed