Issue with Cancellation Refund for Undelivered Prepaid Phone with Telstra
Last edited 21/11/2019 - 13:09 by 1 other user
I'm looking for an advice on how to get my money back from Telstra for the phone order that has never been ship and was cancelled:
- On 30.10.19, I ordered a prepaid phone from Telstra website (Samsung Galaxy A20 for $179, meant to be a present to someone) and paid with PayPal.
- The next day I got a message from Telstra that my order was put on hold because I provided a PO Box address. I went to Telstra chat and cancelled my order, the rep provided the cancellation reference number.
- One week later, having not received a refund, I filed a dispute via PayPal and gave them that cancellation reference.
- While I was waiting for an outcome, Telstra called me a few times to tell "they are working" on my case
- Today - three weeks later - I got a canned response from PayPal that they deny my claim: We received a response from your merchant and have also reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we'll have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualifications for a billing dispute.
So far, no phone and no refund. What are my best options to deal with this ridiculous situation? I'm prepaid to file a charge-back with my credit card company, although I imagine PayPal will lock my account. Should I take it to ACCC as well? Ta.