One of the neighbour keep feeding birds in their own yard, most of time there are at least 20 - 30 all sort of birds around. Noise and faeces are the major problems. We try to talk to them about it but obviously they ignore us and keep on going.
I checked local regulations and some similar cases in the past. I don't think feeding birds is illegal in NSW or national level (I could be wrong), although the government and related departments use "strongly discourage" in their websites.
Any ideas how should I handle this? We got young kids and they play in the yard often. Bird flu and contaminated stuff are always in the back of my head when the kids are out there playing. I try my best to keep the eyes on the kids but I reckon you will never know when so many birds are hanging on top of the yard daily.
Any suggestion will be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
1) I try some ultrasonic bird repellers, I don't think they work.
2) Other neighbours have at least 5 cats around. The bird issues remain. Perhaps all the cats are well fed?
3) what kind of birds I am talking about: White Ibis, Pigeons, Magpies, Cockatoos
1) It looks like some of my comments cause some controversial reaction. Good. please keep shxting on me if this can help you stay away the gateway drugs. BTW, Please check my ID name after that.
2) Thanks for all helpful comments. I try me best to reply to all of them but life is too short.