I'm looking to upgrade my car to preferably an small-mid SUV and I'm seeking the valuable opinions of the OzB community.
My partner and I normally like smaller cars but we're in need of an upgrade and would like to plan for kids.
We currently drive < 5000kms per year. Mostly around town and a few coastal trips per year.
Saying that is an SUV even necessary? My sister has a Mazda 2 & 3 with a rear facing child seat making the front passenger seat unusable, this is something I want to avoid.
Budget is around $30-33k.
Less than 3 years, <40,000kms, Android Auto.
Options I've looked in to:
* 2017+ Mazda CX5 Touring - This seems to be the one, low ongoing costs, decent 2nd hand price for high spec'd out model. I've only heard about poor cabin noise. Any experience?
* 2020 Kia Seltos Sports+ - Seems to be the right size, although there is premium for a new car, great infotainment system, a bit plastic inside, no discounts from checking forums.
* 2017+ VW Tiguan Comfortline - Not much experience with VW. Inside has a more premium feel. High ongoing costs.
* 2020 CX30 - Again premium price for a new car, boot and backseats seem too small so i think this is off the list.
* 2019+ Corolla ZR Hybrid - I like corollas but again this backseat seems too small.
* 2018+ Kona - I thought this was too small but I think I need to relook at it, I liked the drive, but feature-wise compared to the rest it falls a bit short.
What are your thoughts on these options?
Any other cars should I consider? i30, cerato, hrv, 3008?